Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fish Sarciado

Fish Sarciado

There are so little things that make me happy and this recipe is one of them. Now I do admit that I am guilty of stating that every recipe is a favorite of mine but it's true.

Every recipe, even if for the same dish is different therefore making the dish in itself different. Too much? I know but that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Enjoy the recipe...

2-4 lbs of fish (your choice whether reef, blue water, filet or whole, I prefer reef and whole)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Cornstarch
Vegetable Oil for frying

1 Onion diced
Green Onions - cut into 1/2 inch long strips
1 cup of quartered cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic diced
Vegetable Oil to saute vegetables

Fish Prep: Clean Fish if whole and you have never ever cleaned fish before follow the tips from this page. The directions are pretty easy so you should be fine. I would do the following remove scales. Gut, remove entrails and gills. Rinse the inside and outside of the fish thoroughly. Slit the fish on each side. Easy. Right?

Rub fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice ( The slits you made earlier not only help the fish to fry faster but also allows you to season the fish better.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Dust with cornstarch and deep fry till golden brown.

Remove fish from oil and place on separate dish on top of paper towels.

In a skillet, saute onions, garlic, green onions. Lower heat, add tomatoes and continue to cook till a sauce like consistency develops. Remove from heat.

Remove paper towels from platter with fried fish and pour vegetables onto the fried fish.

For an easy dinner serve with hot white rice and finadene or you can go for broke and go with red rice, cucumber kimchi and of course, finadene

2 comments:

LeX said...

Hi! i like what you've posted in these blogs, I'm from Guam too! i was wondering if you had a recipe for Guamanian potato salad? i remember it had hard boiled egg and black olives? please let me know when you post the recipe I've been wanting to make it for a long time.

Pragmatic Plato said...

Boycott Porky's!

http://pragmaticplato.blogspot.com/

PP