Monday, May 04, 2009

Takuwan Recipe

Takuwan

Now I've tried many a home made variety but this one I have to share with the rest of you. For some odd reason Takuwan always tasted the best to me when served with a fried dish. I always liked it along side fried pork chops and hot white rice. I hope you enjoy.

3-4 daikon, sliced

1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbspns salt
1-2 cup vinegar (brags)
yellow food coloring
1-2 teaspoon pepper
bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to simmer, cool, then pour over daikon

3 comments:

loki-dog said...

Not at all like the described method and it's turnips not daikon!

Anonymous said...

I love takuawn with sake. Please tell me, how long do you wait from mixing the daikon and juices to refrigeration & eating? Do you marinade for hours, days, weeks....? -Joe.

Si Pete said said...

@joe, Three days, but I'm impatient.