Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Chicken Curry

Chicken Curry

Chicken, cut into pieces
Onion, thinly sliced
Garlic, diced
Celery, diced
Potatos, cut into cubes
Carrots, diced
2 cans coconut milk
1 can water
2-3 tablespoons S&B Curry Powder
2-3 tablespoons Corn Starch mixed into water for thickening
Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute onions and garlic. Brown chicken. Add water and allow chicken to come to a slow boil. Skim oil off the top of the soup. Add vegetables, coconut milk and curry powder. Simmer. Add cornstarch to thicken soup. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with white rice.

Question: Should I add salt and pepper before or after I thicken the soup?
Answer: I actually add a little salt and pepper in the very beginning while I'm browning the chicken. I will normally hold back on putting too much before the cornstarch is mixed in. You can always put in but you can't take out. I save the finishing touches till the end.

No comments: